Wednesday 16 February 2011

Life in islands...

People don't know what life is like in islands in the south of the Philippines. So, I write this blog to see if any one is interested in me, in my life and what lives of people here are really like.

Yesterday morning Monday I woke up around 5:30am to get ready to cook breakfast for my two lovely daughters.  Pammi is 14, she will start high school next year. Llara is 9. They are pretty girls. We live together here in a place I rent for around us$25 (php1,000) each month. Kitchen is outside, so I do not wake them while making breakfast. 

After my early morning routine, and girls off to school I opened my Yahoo messenger and I got an offline message from the man who really helped me. In his message he said that I need to check the balance of my bank account at an ATM machine. So after reading it I hurried to Suzzete's home and I asked her to come with me in the town.  I needed her to teach me how to inquire if my love's funds have arrived. It's my first experience with an ATM. Then while both Suze and I are in the ATM booth I checked my balance. WOWW!!  I was so happy I was really shouting for joy! Suze told me I was really lucky to find and meet someone who would  help like that. Thank you tagged.com!

I work at a pineapple canning factory. The hours are usually 1:00pm-9:00pm - if there is enough fruit ready for us to work. Lucky - I get to choose my hours so I can look after my two children.  Pay is around us$100 (php4,000) each month. That is usually enough. My landlady has moved to the city and again I am lucky. She lets me live in her house and use her computer for a little extra.

Last night, I get online after my work.  I told my b/f  that I really believed him that he would help, and I told him "THANK YOU!!".   As we talked he always ask me if I ever get bored with an old man but I insist for me he is the best man for me. When I saw him on cam it makes my heart skip a beat. We had a long talk and we ended up talking around 5:00am my time.

Tuesday morning I went to town to withdraw some money.  I really did what I promised him - to prioritize with his gift. First, I paid my daughters school fees, and then went to the dentist to fix my teeth. I have had no dentures since I had couldn't afford dentist in October last year. Then, we had a flood last week. Many died and a lot of damage, but the water only came to my knees in the apartment, so I used some of the gift to fix the flood damage. If he were close, he would be pleased with what I did with his gift. 

Mid afternoon I'm so excited - it is my love's birthday, I excuse from work - I worked only 4 hours and went home with a cake for my love and celebrate his birthday with my kids and relatives. He tells me to be my age 41, not act 14 and be silly... but I fell in love with him and I'm sure of it...

Tonight as I am writing this my mind and heart to my very special man.

For today...I love you...

No comments:

Post a Comment