Monday 21 February 2011

Disaster... isn't impersonal.

This is old news now, but is not over for me. 

Number of flood victims breaches 2-M mark - GMANews - 01/31/2011 | 09:53 AM

this is the street we live on
It is surprise to me since i have online b/f now who is from some other place. I am surprised how little people know or care about what happens here in our province Misamis Oriental. Or even our country. That is true I think when we read about distant places and disasters and trouble there. The world is so big. So, I sent him pictures of our house and neighborhood after last flood last week.

Llara on front steps
Our village wasn't spared and many houses were flooded.


We do not have so many things and this is not our first flood. Roof of kitchen fell in, but I do not have picture of that.

...begining clean up..
some things spared

So, now b/f knows that distant natural disaster is not an impersonal thing. It can be very personal. Even from great distance.

Some people are very cynic and think maybe this is everyday event here in Cagayan de Oro, but it is not.  We have usually pretty happy life. But sometimes disaster strikes.

No comments:

Post a Comment